Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Excerpts from Pencader Board Member Dawson Public Address

https://eboard.eboardsolutions.com/Meetings/Attachment.aspx?S=190001&AID=4967&MID=287

4 MR. DAWSON: Before I begin my
5 formal remarks, I'd like to confess that I
6 opened the Christiana High School. I was 14
7 when I went there. What the hell has happened?
8 And I hold you all accountable to fix it.
9 That's inexcusable.
  I cannot speak to what had or had
15 not transpired by the previous board, as I did
16 not witness certain things first hand.
17 I will say that one of the previous
18 board members, a CPA, very good friend and
19 fellow Rotarian, shared some background
20 information that I found quite stunning. Lack
21 of financial transparency, as well as financial
22 procedural missteps, with a little arrogance
23 thrown in for good measure, seemed to be the
24 rule of the day of the previous administration.
 I
24 know it appears that, well, here we go again, as

1 the school has not stepped up to its past
2 obligations and potential, with the begging for
3 more time approach yet again.
4 My opinion, I don't think this
5 school has ever had the caliber of
6 administration and people that Mr. McIntosh has
7 assembled. It would be a huge mistake to not
8 give us the opportunity to make Pencader Charter
9 School of Business and Finance the premier
10 charter school in Delaware that we think it can
11 be. Failure is not an option. And my time is
12 up.

No comments:

Speak Your Mind

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates