Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Potato Stamps

Potato stamps take me back to my childhood. 
They are so cheap and easy to make and the imagination can go wild with 
the possible stamp combinations that can be made. 
All from a simple spud! 


If you have never done potato stamping I encourage you to do it today! 


This part is best done by a responsible adult. 
Leave the stamping to the kids, unless you can't resist doing a bit of stamping yourself. :) 

To begin by slicing off a surface of the potato. 
Of course you can use any other firm vegetable for this. 


Carve your shape into the surface of the potato. 
It may be a letter, number or shape. You might even be able to do a smily face.

I would suggest cutting down about half a centimeter deep. 
 

Using your knife, cut into the sides of the potato to reveal your shape. 


TA DA!!!!!! 


I used non-toxic paint and brushed it on the potato. 
You may want to dry the surface of the potato or wait a day before starting to stamp. 

Children can have lots of creative fun stamping with their potato stamp. 
Here I have used a large sheet of paper to create some wrapping paper with love hearts. 




Add a pretty ribbon and you have a wonderfully wrapped present, which I'm sure will be a great talking point for whoever receives it. 


I'd love to hear your comments below. 
Also feel free to send me any pictures of your children using a potato stamp. 
It's so much fun!!!! 

Kate
_____________________________________


No comments:

Speak Your Mind

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates