Saturday, March 9, 2013

Mis-con-strued...

Dated: 3rd June 2011

As a part of 'home schooling' we do cooking/baking because I would like my children to have cooking skills and abilities. As part of 'be a fun mum' I like to get the children to choose things for us to cook.

This morning they chose 'ice blocks'. The kind that are like icy poles with pop sticks. While I was sitting down to feed bubba they toddled off to the kitchen to make these 'ice blocks'. They found pop sticks, got the frozen solo in ice cube trays out of the freezer, cups and 'made' the ice blocks.

Isn't it funny how they assumed the way to make them?



Yet, isn't it funny how we can read an online status and choose what we 'think' that it is about? Or how we can read a blog for a long period of time and think they really DO have the perfect life, with the perfect spouse, and the perfect kids and magazine cover interior decorating and absolute complete faith when needed? Or how we judge that scrawny hot chick with the glittery stilletos and mini-dress without realising that chick has feelings & emotions of her own?

Apparantly the words we speak accounts for only 7% of the communication process where the rest is according to tone of voice, body language, facial expressions, etc. How much less does the written word account for the true meaning?

In saying I want just 10 minutes means in absolute no way do I not want what I have, or want a heap of time to myself, or that I have PND (I don't actually), or that I am not coping with my lots.of.little.kids. Simply put it means I want just 10 minutes break to re-gather myself, so that I can get picked up, take a breather, have a rest before jumping back into what I do EACH & EVERY day, DAY after DAY, HOUR after HOUR. Just 10 minutes. Is that too difficult? I'm on call 24/7 and the only one who does the duty.

In saying that single parenting is where one parent is parenting, simply means one parent is parenting. Is this disrespectful? I believe not! Why? Because you have FIFO workers who leave their wife behind with all the kids. What is that? Single Parenting! In my case? My husband works lots of hours per week, then has church commitments, and physical exercise needs, and play needs, on top of that a whole family busy playing and waiting for Papa to get home for some time, cuddles and love. A spot of time in between the busy-ness that has become a part of our lives (again). With me as a demanding wife, really you should just feel sorry for him. The man's been diagnosed with chronic depression and believe me it isn't easy to live alongside someone who you just can't ever seem to make happy, but that's another post or two.


Considering we are on the topic of respect & my husband I'll let you in on an insiders secret. Since the man has started his new career I have paid special attention on having his work clothes washed and dried and picked up from where ever they are left, meals, snacks, complaining minimalised, house tid(ier) when he gets home so the environment he walks into his nicer, calmer, relaxing-er. I have the hearts intent on serving, providing and having all his needs. All these changes and challenges with adding a new member to our family. You'll find me racing around picking those last few items off the floor as my ute pulls up to the gate before quickly plonking myself onto the couch as if I've been sitting there waiting the entire time. The children are usually dressed in PJs ready for bed after dinner and time and cuddles. Often enough I fail to do everything that needs doing, often enough I am left flustered and tired after a busy day, what can I say? I am a work in progress. Even so, does that sound like a wife who doesn't respect her man? At least one who lives in the freedom of Grace and no condemnation. I think not.



Or how's about the *sigh* is it a good sigh, a bad sigh, a relaxing sigh?

Or the "grrrrr" clearly one is frustrated at SOMETHING but what? Unless you ask you really don't know.

Or how about the delicate words 'if you need something let me know' above the actions want me to pick something up from the shop for you? What do you really need? (I stole that off some one else's blog).

Online it is so easy to make a statement with many possible meanings. Are you being judged? Are you being heard? Is there are a hidden message? Are they serious? Do they need help? What are they pretending to be? Is that right?

And if I make it sound like my life is picture perfect, let me tell you now. It's not. I make no apologies for not having absolutely everything altogether, I am who I am and that's all I can be. For the most part, I actually like me, I adore my children and I respect my husband. This is my life, I didn't orchestrate it, I just live it.



5 Things I am Thankful for:
1. Time, Even if it is just 10 minutes
2. Being in a better position nearly 2 years on
3. Kids being older and easier! Yeah! EASY kids :)
4. Not having to concern myself with thoughts and opinions of others
5. Mostly just the peace that surpasses all understanding

No comments:

Speak Your Mind

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates