Monday, March 11, 2013

Painting with Nature

Here is a great way to get kids painting and it doesn't use a paint brush!
Instead, I have simply used a piece of nature and created something amazing. 


____________

To begin.....


Micador have some brilliant paints, which I purchased from Big W. 
These 'Itty Bitty Paint Pots' only set me back just a few dollars!


I decided to use Agapanthus plants as my paint brush. 
These plants are commonly found in many household gardens, especially in Australia. 
They grow easily and add a splash of colour and resemble fireworks. 


When Agapanthus plants dry out they can easily be used a paintbrush.  


 I added my paints to some paper plates and held the end of my plant stem. 
I really like that I was able to paint from a distance. 

This provides me with a different perspective. 
Children rarely have the opportunity to work at a distance from their paper. 


Children will love doing this activity! 


The 'bristles' of my brush looked beautiful once my panting was complete. 


Here I decided to have a go at using some fluro colours and use a sweeping action. 



Once I was happy I hung up my masterpieces to dry. 
I was really pleased with how it turned out and I didn't even use a paint brush! 

These I will turn into some beautiful wrapping paper or possibly frame them. 

Nature can give us the best tools to work with. 


I hope your little one has a great time giving this activity a go. 

Please add your comments below because I love to hear from you.

x Kate 
________________________________

Have you visited any of my other pages? You don't know what you're missing. 



Icon Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Speak Your Mind

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates