Sunday, January 27, 2013

6 months on - September 2011

I can hardly believe that its been half a year since my little one was born. I've known about this little life since she was 4 weeks gest. That was 15 months ago.
In that time a lot has happened. We've moved towns. Had no home or place to go, had no money, no job, barely any friends. We've lost hope, tried, tried again and failed. We've 'lost' thousands of dollars and dealt with rebellion. Lots. Of. Rebellion.
Above all this I think depression has been the longest, hardest, most hideous part.
For long agonising months with seemingly no end I laid in bed barking orders at our more-than-capable kids to do things I usually had to do. Finding their clothes to wear, picking up dirty washing, dressing them, picking up bath room toys, etc etc.
It was during this stage that the children were trained daily in what has become our morning jobs. Getting dressed, cleaning bed rooms, breakfast and cleaning the kitchen. Just about everything is set up so children can do these things with little to no help from me. And I like it.
We don't have set jobs to set kids. We have a list of jobs and help each other. I find this works better than set jobs to set kids. If one child is mucking around the jobs still get done by our end time (9am).

 I found this sitting in my Drafts, and wanted it published. Now this baby is 21 months old and the children are well trained. What a (horrible) memory! But that was our life, the one as we knew it. 

No comments:

Speak Your Mind

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates