Monday, January 28, 2013

Cooking with Kids - January 2013

This month we have done a LOT of baking and cooking in our *new* kitchen. We've moved house recently and our kitchen bench has grown 5-6 times bigger than our old home, which means cooking with kids is way easier and relaxing.

We've made:

Pancakes

Apple Muffins actually THREE batches in bulk but used chopped dates instead of raisins

Tacos

Pizza

Chocolate cake 

Zuccinin Slice - I LOVE Zuccini slice & Quiches but some of my kids don't seem to like the 'eggy' tastes :( but I didn't put bacon into it

"Pumpkin Cake" - ha ha so this is a Quiche recipe with left over roasted pumpkin. Did you read the comment just above? I called it pumpkin cake and miracuously heard "I want some" "Uhm Okay" *grins*

Vanilla Milk (not for the kids! The vanilla essence I had has colour 160b which is a no-no)

Hot Chocolate (Made in the Thermomix hence the strange ingredient quantities)
600ml milk
60grms sugar
40grams cocoa
20grams cornflour (this thickens it)
heated at 80degrees for 8minutes

Raw Organic Hot Chocolate - Above recipe using eco raw caoco powder instead of cocoa

Raw Green Smoothie 
4 handfuls spinach
2-4 frozen bananas
3 handfuls frozen mixed berries
3-5 cups of water
Wizzed until blended through

Cinnamon pastry scrolls This is a spin off of vegemite scrolls and cinnamon toast. Lay a piece of puff pastry down, sprinkle with sugar and sprinkle with cinnamon. Roll up, slice into rings, place on a baking tray and cook. Kids loved these but it's not a daily food, its a treat food!

Garlic Bread 

Salad wraps 

Fruit salad

Chicken Kebabs (Michael calls them ke-blacks)

Porridge


Hmmm, now that some are listed it doesn't look that great :(
But I have been feeding the kids. Honest!

I've been showing the children how to make different dinner meals also, which they are then able to do on their own (just about).

Actually it feels like I am in the kitchen quite a lot.
I havn't done my menu plan for next month or decided what we can bake yet but Im sure we will come up with something good ;)

No comments:

Speak Your Mind

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates