Thursday, January 3, 2013

Food Colouring Art

Where I live it has been really hot. It's always hard to keep kids entertained when they can't go outside because of the heat. I find it's always a good idea to have a few good activities that children can do indoors or outdoors. They need to be engaging, educational and allows them to be creative. 

What better than this fun activity for them?

I simply used household items that you'd mostly find in your cupboard. 



  • food colouring (preferably with droppers)
  • absorbing paper towel
  • baking paper or tin foil  
__________________________________

Simply have the children paint or drop droplets of food colouring onto the absorbing paper.


I placed some tin foil underneath just because I didn't want the food colouring to stain my bench. 



These looks so beautiful and I found I could be so creative.
Kids will have a great time with this idea. 

You can make it educational too. Here I had a go at creating a number '4' page. 
Children could make numbers or letters. 


You can also discuss how colours change when they mix together. 
_________________________________

I hope you enjoy this one. 
Please feel free to provide me with some feedback. I love to hear from you. 

Kate 

No comments:

Speak Your Mind

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates