Saturday, January 5, 2013

Foot Prints

Ever since having a baby I've been all about capturing moments. 

I remember wise parents telling me, before the arrival of Possum, that time passes quickly so to enjoy every moment. I always kindly smiled and would nod my head but I don't think I really realised how right they were. Time does pass too quickly and I'm holding on to every moment for as long as I can.  



This Christmas I decided to give family members a gift that would allow them to look back and remember how small Possum was when they received the gift. 

I think little feet (or hand) prints really highlight how small they are. 
___________________________________________



First I purchased some flat canvases from Spotlight for a few dollars. 
Prior to any painting I wrote a heartfelt message on the back from Possum. 

I wanted to write the age of Possum too so that there was no confusion in years to come. 


It was really very easy to do, however, I did have the help of my husband to paint her feet as I placed each one on the canvas. 



It was really very simple to do and turned out to be a great sensory learning experience for Possum. 
Initially she was a little unsure about the 'goop' we were putting on her feet but then she came to love it because it started to tickle. She was also really interested to see the marks on the canvas. 


 

Once each one was dry I wrapped them up and gave them out as special gifts from Possum. 
The family LOVED them and are keen to keep them for years to come. 
Who knows, they may receive another one in a few years time. 

I hope you enjoy this. Please feel free to comment below. 

Kate 


No comments:

Speak Your Mind

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates