Monday, January 28, 2013

Book: We're Going on a Bear Hunt

My kids LOVE this story! Have you read it? Do you know it off by heart?
One of the AMAZING things I find about this book is the simplicity of words making memorization a breeze, especially for little ones. The amount of times I have witnessed my children 'reading' this book to their younger siblings, word for word. Its great.

But more than that! This book turns into a game, a game using the imagination, mud, long grass and some hysterical laughs all round.

I especially love the morning where I looked out the window to see my front yard completely flooding, children traipsing through mud and laughs all round. That day was a sight for anyone!

I wrote this post early 2011, as a reminder of the links that i used to create our first (& last) unit study. Unit studies don't work for me, and don't interest the children. So we don't do them. We do what DOES work. But I still want to include these links in my post, and the reminder of the book.

If nothing else watch the You Tube clip ;)


Lots of Links:
Felt Board Story
AWESOME BLOG POST HERE - My Inspiration came from here. In case you missed the links at the bottom I've added ones I used here:
I used the Story Sequencing Cards from here
YOU TUBE clip by Writer - Very COOL!
Lap Book
Story Pack

No comments:

Speak Your Mind

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates