Monday, January 28, 2013

Dealing... with lots of little kids...

I am often asked how I do it, where I get my patience from, and told I am crazy/nuts for wanting more.

I don't know how I do it, I just do.
I practice with patience, some days I have tons, some days I have none!
& I agree. I am crazy/nuts for wanting more - and yet that doesn't bother me at all - ever!

So here are a couple of things you can do:

  • Breathe deeply - I don't know how or why this works but it does, on my way over to deal with a child dispute is a great time to breathe deeply.
  • Remain calm - Under all circumstances. A calm mother is nicer, kinder, gentler mother and apparantly more effective. Oh so when things are not going 'calmly' it is probably better to walk away and deal with them when you are a bit calmer. Kids know wrong and right! They just try get away with wrong. No different to adults!
  • Be patient - Patience is such a wonderful thing. I love having it and I am sure my children love me having it also. Patience is hardest when your pressed for time, and when your sooo grrrrr'd up with yourself.
  • Tell them you {love} them - LOTS - Speaking it out affirms it to the children, reminds you that you love them and somehow makes a lot of that tension disappear as you are reminded that you love them.
  • Practice gentleness/kindness - Purposely setting out to behave in a particular way will (usually) mean that you actually set out to act in that certain way.
  • Savor the moment - time flies - There are have been several deaths 'around' us in the past few months/weeks (no body close to us) which have made me think about how we tell FB how wonderful that person was and I wonder 'do we tell those people before they die or wait til afterwards when we can't actually use the words TO them'.
  • Be wise - out door play is great
  • Sing & Dance - little kids love it, singing puts a lightness in our spirits making us more cheerful from the inside. Dancing is just sillyness being acted out.

No comments:

Speak Your Mind

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates