Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Success

How do you measure success?

In keeping with the joneses?

In owning property?

Owning fancy boats and fast cars?

In a 'good' education?

In riches and wealth?



If that's how you measure success I confess that I can only tick one box. A 'good' education and that's not even with completing a university degree (I quit - more on that later).

I've often wondered what it is that makes one successful and that appears to look different from person to person.

I've seen (on Hollywood TV of course ;) ) the really super super super rich people but they seem void of real substance, true joy, honest contentment in life. Trying to get richer. Lying, cheating, stealing, killing to get what they want and it never being enough (so it might have been a controversial USA money show :/ )

I've seen people work and work and work and work only to have their marriage bust up and their children have nothing to do with them. Why? Because while they were chasing 'success' their real opportunities passed them by... Relationships..

I've seen others scrimp and save year after year and have the most wonderful relationships with their children who then go on to have great relationships with their own adult kids.

I measure success in the individual based upon what they desire to achieve.
I base a level of success on how difficult that success was to achieve.

My point? I count myself upon the successful people. I am a success because I have achieved near everything I really wanted to achieve before I died. I am married, I've birthed the minimum amount of children I wanted to birth, I homeschool, I have chickens, I live a (mostly) happy life, I have reason, I have purpose, I have faith.

I don't have a career, I don't work paid employment like I choose to, I don't own a lot of assets, we don't own or are buying a house.

For me, there is just ONE thing left,... Getting myself a goat ;)
I will not be getting myself a goat ;)


5 Things I am Thankful for:
1. Success, in relationships rather than in career
2. Following the desires of my heart
3. Having everything I really ever wanted in life
4. Breaking Free from a world expectation
5. Peace

No comments:

Speak Your Mind

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates